This week we went down, down, down to the Dead Sea! We went on a hike up a Wadi to some waterfalls and pools where we laid in the water and slid down the mossy waterfall! Then we went down and relaxed on the shores of the Dead Sea and went swimming! Ok let me describe my experience for you so you can try to understand just how bizarre it was:
I began to walk slowly into the water, except it is not water to the touch of my eagerly curious skin- it is the familiar yet unexpected feeling of baby oil instead that encloses my ankles. I cautiously continue to wade deeper into the thick sea as the stench of potent salt burns my nostrils. I reach the point where I can not longer touch the safety of the ground and my feet are now free from any contact with the earth, but without moving a muscle both of them suddenly and rapidly surface! followed by the rest of my legs, and then my entire torso! I was just floating on top of the water effortlessly! i could have pulled out a good book and began to read as i just bobbed up and down like a buoy on the surface! I rolled over to my stomach and my entire backside was completely suspended by the water and I began to crawl across the top of the ocean! It was as if I was floating on the surface of the moon!
wow- i am such a poet. did you like that story? haha but seriously it was awesome! we went and bought Dead Sea mud also, and completely covered our bodies in a mud mask! talk about a day at the spa :)
Warning: if you have even the SLIGHTEST little cut anywhere on your body, DO NOT enter into the Dead Sea! They say that salt water heals wounds- psh! heals them by TORTURE! but if salt water is good for cuts, then the Dead Sea is superbly tremendously unbelievably excellent for them, but oh how it BURNS!
La, I just talked to Chris and he told me your blog address... I am so jealous you are in Jerusalem! I love it there I honestly have never felt closer to my savior than I did while I was there.....
ReplyDeleteOk ,so I totally know what your talking about the dead sea :) I think my butt stung for a whole week after I got out haha