Saturday, October 3, 2009

I am... a day-dreamer

So yesterday i was sitting in my Arabic language class and I was looking at the teacher and making a face which, from practice, i was sure looked like i was drinking in every word he was saying- but really i was day dreaming. Suddenly he says to me, "Lauren- you are looking at me and smiling like you are fully paying attention to what i am saying but i can tell you are thinking about something else. tell me right now, NO lies, the complete truth, what you were thinking about just now." (sidenote: he is a VERY nice and funny teacher) so the WHOLE class turns and everyone is just STARING at me along with the teacher, waiting for my response! My face was the color of a cherry and i could feel my body temperature rising. "the truth?" I timidly say. "yes the honest truth", he replies back. So... I straight up told the truth.
"uh... I was thinking that when i get home to the states, maybe i will cut bangs."

Ok have you got out all your laughs at what a dork I am? because i am pretty sure every student here has not yet got it out of their system. the whole class practically fell to the floor laughing and my teacher just said, "wow... really? you are weird Lauren." (for emphasis, add a very deep Arabic accent to my teachers comments when you read them)

At least i told the truth... I am a day dreamer. and also the butt of all the jokes around here for the past 24 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, Lauren!!! You are hilarious! Funny thing though, I would probably be doing the EXACT same thing! Hope all is well! I love being able to read and see what you're up too!

    ReplyDelete