Last night a few girls and I went with a bunch of the boys to west Jerusalem, Bene Huda Street.
This is the only place that we can go after dark and we have to be back by midnight. I totally forgot i was in Israel though because it is very much like downtown New York there! We explored, got crepes (Chris, yours are just as good!) and watched a lady pretend to play the harp, but really there was a CD player next to her playing harp music haha! very strange. There were two guys doing some kind of karate in the street and when we stopped to watch, they made Amy E. come out and climb up and stand on their legs (like a cheerleader) while everyone in the street applauded like it was the best thing they've ever seen! so we definitely got a kick out of that.
Today we went to the Acididale Jewish Dynasty Museum which was very interesting! while we were there a lady who was from Germany came up to a group of us girls standing there and said, "I just have to tell you, i have never seen young ladies your age glow like you girls do! all of you look so pure and kind and wholesome, very rare indeed, i can't help but stare." We definitely stick out like a soar thumb in these parts of town. I hate that we can't share the gospel though! it is so hard to keep my mouth shut at times like that!
We had lunch at a little cafe in the old city and i had my first Falafal! They are probably the most popular dish here and they are Gooooooood! And i also got a RADICAL pair of genie pants that qualify me to become best friends with MC Hammer! you know you're jealous. (yes I'm talking to you Eddi)
One of my favorite things about Jerusalem is that EVERYBODY here is friends! you can sit with anyone at meals, go out to the city with any group of people, or just go sit and talk with someone and you are guaranteed to feel included and feel like you have been best friends with them your whole life! Seriously some of the most quality, coolest people ever! It's like one giant family! I LOVE IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment