Monday, April 26, 2010

My other half



I feel like a surgeon cut open my chest and broke off a piece of my heart and then stitched me back up, leaving me wih a gapping hole.

My best friend in the entire world just left to follow my footsteps and do a semster abroad in the one and only Jerusalem. I am SO excited for her! she is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

But I, myself, am NOT going to love love love it.
because I am selfish and I want her all to myself

She is my other half, the one I can tell anything and everything to, the one who cheers me up when I am sad, makes me laugh, goes on stupid ridiculous crazy adventures with me and actually likes them. She asks me every single day, "how was your day today? what was the best part?" She camps out in the living room with me, lays out in the sun for hours doing nothing and then always braggs about how she got tanner than me. She goes on bike rides, paints, watches movies, makes brownies, eats ice cream, talks about which retirement center we want to be put in together when we are old and have out-lived our husbands, and stays up till the early hours of the morning just staring at the ceiling and talking with me. She is my buddy, my best friend. A friend like her is rare. She has my back, and I have hers. She is as good of a friend
as you could ever even dream of.

Summer with out her...
"sigh"
ugh
hmmph
blah

It is hard to breath without the whole right side of me.








2 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY know how you feel! My other half has been living in PA since July and I'm still not over it. Luckily she's moving to UT in Sept or I would have to consider moving back East again. Good luck this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAUREN ELIZABETH RICKS!!!! Thank you! I miss you like crazy! Everyone here already knows all about you. I kind of like you... Ok... I love you... =)
    ps: I'am totally tanner then you. Just accept it...

    ReplyDelete