Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Canker Soar Home Remedies


My tongue is covered in canker soars for some reason, I am pretty sure its because of all the candy I ate on Eater, and they KILL. Last night I couldn't take it anymore they hurt so bad, so I wanted to go get some medicine at the store. But Rachel and Christopher were being lame sauce and didn't want to go with me to get some (It was a blizzard outside).

So we decided to try some home remedies to cure my soars.

1st: baking soda and water mixed to make a paste. rubbed it onto my tongue.
burned and tasted horrible.

2nd: Rachel's Australian roommates told us that they use Vegemite on their "canker soars" (not called canker soars in Australia. In fact, they had never even heard the word before)
We had no idea what Vegemite was, but apparently they love the stuff (put it on toast).

So I put a smudge of Vegemite on my soars.
SCALDED my tongue
dropped me to the floor in back arching, fist clenching pain
tasted like soy sauce in a paste
felt like sea salt dumped into a knife wound.

However, Canker Soar... gone.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha that is so funny! i can just imagine you doing this! ha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. La,
    Did it really work? amazing ! I want to train for the half marathon with you! Let's get on schedule, okay?
    Love you tons,
    D

    ReplyDelete