Thursday, April 22, 2010

death by cookie

Remember how I told you that I got a job? ok well the doctor who hired me is my neighbor, and such a great guy/family. Well I wanted to thank him for hiring me, so I wrote a thank you note and took their family a big batch of these delicious cookies (pizza factory chocolate chip cookie recipe)
A few hours later I got a call from my mom and she said to me, "Lauren, is there peanut butter in those cookies you gave to them?"
"yes?" i hesitantly answered because it sounded like I was in trouble.
"oh my word! Their mom just called and asked, because I guess their daughter is very ALLERGIC!"
...My heart just dropped...
My mom called me back about 10 minutes later and told me that the daughter had taken only two bites, and obviously reacted strongly, and they were on their way to the hospital to get her a shot!
ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
I FELT SO BAD/DUMB/OOPS/WAAH!/EMBARRASSED
She didn't die don't worry.
and i didn't get fired.

I almost killed my bosses daughter before my first day of work

No comments:

Post a Comment