Friday, April 16, 2010

can't sleep

It is 1:00am and I have to take more tests in the morning,
but I can't sleep
Because right now, I just want to be back here.
This is the Garden Tomb where Christ was laid to rest, and then resurrected 3 days later.
the spirit here is strong, things seemed clear and easy, and i didn't feel lost or confused.
I felt peace and love and pure joy.
And I miss life in Jerusalem very much.

But life goes on, and I know new adventures and discoveries await me.
I know I can feel that peace and joy everyday here as well, even though it is not Jerusalem.
one of my friends in Jeru said, "you know, you don't have to go and walk in the places where Christ actually walked, taught and lived to gain a testimony... but it sure does help!"

There is JOY in the JOURNEY.

THIS is a great read.

2 comments:

  1. i took this photo. dang. what have our lives come to? Finals in provo? lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool lauren! Did you do a semester in Jerusalem? Good luck with the rest of finals!

    ReplyDelete