Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rain Rain, go away...


Want to know what is weird?
Most people love the smell of rain...
but do you know what it smells like to me?
WORMS!

But I know exactly why-- and I blame myself.
One day when i was in the 4th grade, it was raining cats and dogs
and so my little bestie, Teresa Stevens, and I decided it would be a great idea if we collected the majority of all worms that come out in the neighborhood.
When we realized we forgot a bucket to put them in, I graciously volunteered
to just hold them all in my hands and pockets.
SERIOUSLY!?
(I would rather die than touch a worm now days)
So we collected worms until the absolute capacity of my hands and arms were full with squirming slimy creepy critters.
we knocked on my mom's door so she would answer and when she came to the door we were just hollering with laughter literally covered in worms!
I think she probably fainted.

when i cleared myself of all the worms in my arms, there was worm poop all over me!
YUCK YUCK YUCK

I remember this day vividly.
And now whenever it rains, i walk outside and crinkle my nose and scrunch my face with disgust, because all I smell is
WoRmS...


(I put a cute picture at the beginning because I couldn't even bare to put a real one of these gross things
but... it just adds to the effect, so you can see the creature responsible for
ruining all romantic songs for me that involve rain.)

2 comments:

  1. EWWW!!! I was eating a muffin while i was reading this and now you have ruined muffins AND rain for me. Thanks for spreading the love La. That was one of the grossest pictures ever

    ReplyDelete