Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My mom is number 1

Happy Mother's day Momma!
She got an adorable baby blue beach cruiser bike and I think she might like it just a little bit too much ;) she did about 20 laps around the pool in the backyard.



and if you are wondering what the BIG surprise was that i got her... well
for the past 5 months I have been taking violin lessons and my mom and dad had NO idea.
I got a violin from my friend who doesn't play anymore
practiced every day for a half hour the past 4 months
got good enough to play "I stand all amazed" for my mom,
and "Come Thou Fount" for my dad (his bday was yesterday as well).

coolest gift i have ever given to them before,
they were SHOCKED, with tears in their eyes.
It made me really happy. I have been so excited for Mother's day forever! So awesome.

I LOVE the violin. I could play it all day long... but my shoulder burns after awhile from holding my arm up so high haha. It is the best instrument and while i was in Jerusalem i decided i wanted to learn to play it and eventually master it...
so that is exactly what I am doing.

5 comments:

  1. awww Lauren! This is so cute--I love presents like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. la la la! i love this! i am SOSOOOO happy that you are doing this...it makes me very delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish more people would have the confidence and fearlessness to jump in and learn an instrument. Everyone thinks you have to be a little kid to learn something new.

    So AWESOME!!!!! Can't wait to hear you play :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome, Lauren. That's every parent's dream gift, isn't it? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love Connie riding her bike in her skirt and pearls.

    ReplyDelete