I feel very ready and prepared and i have a whole new bag full of effective coping skills for whatever life decides to throw at me. My old ways of coping with life were not so effective, and now those are all out back with the garbage. I am so thankful that i was able to do this program and it truly has completely changed my life. I am so grateful to the therapists who ran the group- they are very special people you know? therapists. they are Saints to me, not just therapists. absolutely amazing people, a whole different breed of humans.
So world, HERE I COME! no more self hate, no more self destruction, no more not treating myself with kindness, no more turning pain into misery ("Pain is inevitable, misery is optional.") no more retreating when life gets hard, no more making things worse when things are already hard, no more kicking myself when i'm down, no more watching life be lived for me... i take control, it's my life- I CHOOSE... and i CHOOSE TO LIVE A FULL AND RICH LIFE NO MATTER WHAT IT THROWS AT ME. I CHOOSE ME, I CHOOSE MY OWN HEART, AND I CHOOSE HAPPINESS.
Congrats La! So excited for your graduation! I'm so proud of you. I think you are great and I'm so happy that you think you are too. Love you girl!!
ReplyDeleteAmen, and AMEN! congrats on the graduation! I've been stalking *cough* I mean following your blog for a while now. I think you're awesome. I think your writing is beautiful and I can't wait to see what's in store for you and to see the things you'll do! onward and upward! wahoooo!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your new happy chosen path- I made a similar choice in my early twenties and twenty years later, here I am, still able to keep misery as an optional part of my life (for example, if I need an excuse to eat lots of cake.) Happiness Rocks :-)
ReplyDeletei love this post so much! congrats lauren! what courage and strength you have!! xo
ReplyDelete