Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Choir Concert


We had our Christmas Choir Concert last friday night and it was probably one of my very favorite things I have done in Jerusalem. We sang to an audience of mostly Muslims on friday, and all Jews on Sunday night. People loved it! especially Sunday night. The 8th floor was so packed outside the auditorium because people did not want to leave. they kept requesting songs for us to sing and then recording us. Oh yeah, surprise! I am in the choir here :) didn't know I could sing did ya? well I can't actually... but that is the beauty of a choir.

A Jewish man in the audience filmed the entire thing and put us up on YouTube if you want to hear how awesome we were! My absolute favorite was "Breath of Heaven" sung by Lizzie, Anna, and Chelsea; with Piano by Amy Ellertson. watch it, it will blow your mind.

1 comment:

  1. La,
    That is a wonderful song! Probably my favorite non-hymn Christmas song. Love your pictures. Mixed feelings about you leaving that amazing land-looking forward to seeing you, but hate to have this fantastic experience end. Nina Hill gave her homecoming talk today-she did a great job. See you soon!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete