I am... an animal lover.
always have been, always will be.
I am always telling my family what the animals around our house need because I have an extraordinary gift of being able to interpret what animals are thinking and feeling.
through out my childhood years i owned pretty much every type of animal that you can buy at the pet store.
ferrets, lizards, birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, gerbils
you name it.
well when my little niece Kate was here, i went and bought her some goldfish because "fish" is the only word she could say. we bought 5 of them and slowly week after week, one would die
then another
and another
until i was left with just 2 that i was absolutely determined to keep alive!
But tragedy struck we when 2 nights ago while i was turning off all the lights to go to bed, i saw Betty laying on the bottom of the bowl breathing very heavily.
the next day, after nightmares of Betty suffering, i ran down stairs and she was still in her same position, with a look of shear agony in her very round eyes. I could not just let her suffer to death... so i turned to the most reliable source on this planet...
Google.
and asked how i put my dying gold fish out of its misery pain free.
This is what it said:
"The less expensive way and easiest way is to put the fish in a plastic bag with enough water to make it comfortable, then, put the plastic bag in the freezer. As the water turns cold, the fish will drift off to sleep, and he will pass peacefully long before the water freezes. It's a very sad thing and of course one always feels bad, but I myself would rather euthanize then watch them suffer when I KNOW in my heart that there is nothing more that can be done. The fish does not feel any pain by doing it this way, and it's much better then just taking them out of the water and letting them suffocate, OR flushing them"
So, I did exactly that. And that is the first animal i have intentionally, but had no other choice, killed in my entire life. and i do not plan on ever doing that again.
side note: please do not judge us by the contents of our freezer. (chickens, gold fish, ********, unmentionable, etc...
No comments:
Post a Comment