Saturday, November 14, 2009

Party on Ben Yehuda Street

My bestie, Jane’s birthday was this past week and since we were done with finals and it was a night we were allowed to go out, we partied for her 21st birthday!

ALL our girls went out to West Jerusalem Jewish quarter, which is the only place we are allowed to go after dark.

We got “Thai” food. I put that in quotation because since Thai food is my absolute favorite kind of food, I am a critic. Thai food in Jerusalem = Chinesse food in Mexico. At least they try J

Then we all went to our favorite Gelato place called “Aldo’s” to get a chocolate waffle with ice cream on the side. YUM! And ok, since I have already embarrassed myself enough on my blog by telling all the culturally very wrong things I do, I might as well continue my streak and keep blogging about them right?

So we were all sitting there eating our waffles and my friend Brooklynn took a large bite of chocolate and gets it on her upper lip, only in the middle, like a little square mustache… Got in mind who she now somewhat resembles? Well so did I- and while we were all laughing about the chocolate on her face, I yelled across the table, “YOU LOOK LIKE HITLER!”

 In the middle of the busiest street

In the Jewish quarter

In the largest Jewish city

In the world…

 Needless to say, all my friends’ jaws dropped as they all looked wide-eyed at me, poorly attempting to muffle their laughter. I’m pretty sure the Jewish man playing the piano RIGHT NEXT TO ME skipped a note or two. Embarrassing.

Michael Scott (from The Office): “One day I hope to be the first one to make a funny joke about AIDS, or maybe the Holocaust. But no one think its funny yet.”

Regardless, it was a blast! And for some reason, every time we go out, we always end up dancing in the streets. Dead give away that we are American. 





notice Brooklynn's mustache (2 girls to my left)



We all got Laffy Taffy's and filmed a music video in the street :)





No comments:

Post a Comment