i would like to tag @Christopher Ricks and @Rachel Ricks in this post because I was not alone on this
Once upon a time, Rach, Chris and I went to Saver's to go get something. I can't remember what now, but it was obviously an important article of clothing we needed. well when we were leaving, i look up in the sky to see one of these giant balloons floating in the sky (like the picture above). it was attached Saver's to attract people's attention. Now it is not my fault that the balloon was looking a little less than in it's best shape and was not flying as high in the sky as it was in its younger years. the rope attached to the balloon that was covered in flags was drooping and if i jumped i could just about grab it... or completely grab it... and that is what I did.
While no one was looking i pulled the massive balloon down from the sky by its flagged rope and squealed like a child with delight as i saw that it was about 5x as big as me. Who wouldn't love that? it was a dream come true! (besides for one of my bestie's who is actually terrified of balloons. She would have hated it.)
The balloon brought me so much joy that i looked over at Rach and Chris who are just staring at me and i say, "I want to keep it."
I am ashamed to say now that i am a criminal.
I stole the balloon from Saver's. who does that?
I had them help me stuff it into the back of our SUV (it took up the whole volume of the trunk and most of the back seat) and we totally stole the advertising massive balloon... from a thrift store. Chris and Rach, if you are sitting in the car while your friend robs the bank, you go to jail as well. just saying.
We never got caught, but it wasn't as fun to play with once i got home because it was splattered with guilt and dishonesty. I actually had every intention of taking it back after only a few hours with it at home... but then somehow it popped. of course.
don't judge me. okay you can judge me. and to be fair it was a long time ago... 2 years.

No comments:
Post a Comment